With direct deposit, your paycheck, Social Security income or other recurring electronic payment is automatically deposited into your ABLEnow account.
Direct deposit can be set up for all types of contributions including government benefits, structured settlements, child support, tax returns, contributions from friends and family, and more.
There is no charge for direct deposits. Once established, your funds are automatically deposited to your ABLEnow account and available when you need them most, without impacting most means-tested benefits such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Direct Deposit Instructions
Generally, you’ll follow these steps to set up direct deposit to your ABLEnow account:
- Request a direct deposit form and instructions from your employer, government agency or other contributor providing the payment. Some organizations have the option to initiate a direct deposit online. For example, the the Social Security Administration provides the ability to set up direct deposit of your SSI or SSDI benefits online.
- Complete the direct deposit form provided by your employer, government agency or other contributor providing the payment. Usually, you will need to provide the name of the ABLEnow account owner or their Authorized Representative, ABLEnow routing number, ABLEnow account number, and the type of account (savings or checking). ABLEnow is considered a savings account. Locate your account number and routing number.
- Choose a deposit amount. Your contributor may offer the option to deposit your entire payment in your ABLEnow account or split your payment between different accounts. Remember, ABLE accounts have an annual contribution limit and all contributions are made using post-taxed dollars.
- Submit the completed direct deposit form to your employer, government agency or other contributor providing the payment.
- Monitor your account. The ABLEnow online portal and mobile app make it easy to check your balance and monitor your account.
Direct deposit is a convenient way to grow your ABLEnow savings over time. For questions, please contact Customer Service.