Did you achieve your savings goals? Contribute up to $17,000 to your ABLEnow account in 2023. Working account owners who do not participate in an employer-sponsored retirement plan may be able to contribute even more, thanks to the ABLE to Work Act.
Give yourself a beneficial financial gift or put ABLEnow contributions on your holiday wish list.
For Virginians, maximizing contributions also means maximizing tax benefits. Virginia taxpayers may be eligible for an annual state tax deduction for contributions to an ABLEnow account.
With year-end deadlines fast approaching, refer to the dates below. Funds must be received by 5 p.m. ET on December 31, 2023, to qualify as a 2023 contribution. After this deadline, contributions may post to your ABLEnow account in 2024.
Deadlines for current customers:
- Initiate your bank transfer or direct deposit by December 21, 2023, if desiring to make a 2023 contribution. Online contributions can take up to five (5) business days.
- Checks must be postmarked by December 31, 2023, to qualify as a 2023 contribution.
Deadlines for new customers:
- Last day to open an account as an Account Owner or a Parent, Grandparent, Spouse, or Sibling of an Account Owner: December 21, 2023, if desiring to make a 2023 contribution
- Last day to open an account as a Legal Guardian, Attorney in Fact, Representative Payee, or Care Representative: December 11, 2023, if desiring to make a 2023 contribution
- To contribute to your new account in 2023, please refer to the deadlines above for current customers.
Contact Customer Service with any questions on opening or contributing to your ABLEnow account.